The Consumer Confidence Index (CCI) equals 48.8, which is 3.3 p. higher than in May. The inflationary expectations underwent the most considerable change; besides, the index of propensity to consume grew. It is proved by the survey data on consumer confidence survey in Ukraine conducted by GfK Ukraine on a monthly basis.
In June 2015, the Consumer Confidence Index (CCI) was 48.8, which is 3.3 p. higher than in April. Index of Current Situation improved by 7.2 p. up to 43.6.
The components of this index changed in the following way:
– Index of Current Personal Financial Standing (х1) grew by 6.46 p. and reached 30;
– Propensity to Consume (х5) is 57.2, which is 8 p. higher than in May.
Economic Expectations of the Population is 52.3, which is 0.6 p. higher than in May. The components of this index changed in the following way:
– Index of Expected Changes in Personal Financial Standing (х2) remained almost unchanged, it lost 0.08 p. and reached 46;
– Index of Expected Economic Conditions in the Country over the Next Year (х3) is 38.7, which is 2.3 p. higher than in May;
– Index of Expected Economic Conditions in the Country over the Next Five Years (х4) remained almost unchanged – the index is 72.3, which is 0.03 p. lower than in May.
In June, the expectations of Ukrainians regarding the unemployment dynamics kept improving: index of expected unemployment dynamics is 150.4, which is 6.7 p. lower than in May. However, the inflationary expectation decreased by 9.4 p. in June and reached 172.6. The expectations of Ukrainians concerning the hryvnia exchange rate over the next three months improved in June: index of devaluation expectations lost 4.2 p. and reached 128.4.